Bryson's Birthday Countdown!

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Back to work

So I started back to work on Saturday night...It was horrible. I cried really really really hard for about 3 hours before I left and for the first two hours of my shift. Then I was okay.

I think part of my issue with going back was everything was unfamiliar. My hospital closed and they built a BRAND NEW state of the art hospital in it's place. Well, I went on BR and maternity leave before the "big move" so I never got my orientation/training in there. So leaving Bryson on Saturday was hard enough and then to couple it with going to an unfamiliar environment didn't help things a bit. Then of course...who decides to show her UGLY face Saturday while I'm working in my nice crispy white scrubs...yes, Aunt Flo (AF for short). I kid you not, I think I'm slowly bleeding to death. At least I don't have cramps :)

Sunday night at work went better--I still cried though--but certainly not for the 1st two hours of my shift. This time it only lasted until a total of 30 minutes. Then I was fine for the rest of the evening. Although in hindsight, I think a lot of my issues were hormonal b/c of AF coming along.

Monday was tough though. I got home at 7:45am, changed and was on "baby duty" all day long by myself. Yes folks, that means I woke up at 3pm on Sunday afternoon and didn't get to sleep until 10:30pm on Monday night. I was EXHAUSTED when David got home from work. I fell asleep almost immediately after he took the baby out of my arms. Unfortunately my plans to "nap" while Bryson napped were spoiled by the fact that Bryson chose not to nap at all--unless of course it was in my arms. Yeah--that needs to stop--at least on Mondays.

So today is a good day--besides slowly bleeding to death--I'm in a good mood and only a little sleepy! PLUS--my new microwave is being installed tonight. Yep, that's right, I'm FINALLY getting my over the range microwave :)

Well, there is a basket of laundry waiting for attention and a certain brown and white puppy dog that is wanting his mommy to pet him. So I must depart...but not before including a recent picture of my beautiful baby boy :)



Bryson hanging out in his Nursery. He is such a big boy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment