Bryson's Birthday Countdown!

Thursday, September 24, 2009

37w and appointment update

Monday marked my official release from bedrest! WHOOT! I have been a nesting queen since then--let me tell you! I have more food in my freezer than I know what to do with--luckily it will be nice and easy and convenient for when baby is finally here.
So far my freezer stash looks like this:

8lbs of taco meat--in 2lb containers
2 large containers of chili
1 pan of Manicotti
10 Marinaded chicken breasts (in packages of 2, vacuum sealed)
4 "Plain" chicken breasts (for breading at a later time)
1 large container of Minestrone Soup
1 large round rump roast--cooked and frozen in gravy (Thanks Mom!!)
4lbs of pulled pork
4lb pork tenderloin--marinaded
1 meatloaf--uncooked
2lbs of browned gr. beef (probably to throw in spaghetti sauce at some point)
Cabbage rolls (those are still in the crockpot so I'm not sure how many containers I'll have)
Several containers of homemade spaghetti sauce

This of course doesn't include the two frozen whole roasting chickens I have in the freezer, along with another package of chicken breasts, and package of frozen chicken pieces, numerous roasts, steaks, and more frozen gr. beef...I think we're set on food :-)

So now onto my update....
I spent 3 hours in L&D Friday afternoon because I was having painful contractions that were every 5 minutes. My doctor met us up there and said she thought this was it--but my damn cervix was still only 1cm after 3 hours of monitoring, so she sent us home :( I was so disappointed that I actually cried. So Sunday night/Monday started operation eviction...and I started walking like crazy to try and get baby out. I have continued to have contractions pretty regularly since Friday, and they are getting stronger but nothing too exciting. At my appt yesterday she checked me and I was 2-2.5cm, 85%, 0-+1 so we're headed in the right direction. She said she anticipates a baby by the weekend....which is probably true because I start back to work Saturday night and I'm anticipating that 12 hours on my feet putting me in labor if I don't go before then!

How far along? 37 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: up 19lbs

Maternity clothes? Everything is getting small--I have 2 pairs of pants and like 3 shirts that I can wear.

Sleep: I have no energy but I can't sleep because I can't get comfortable!

Best moment this week: Getting the nursery DONE! Everything is put away and ready for baby!

Movement: All the time! I have feet in my right ribs, a butt between my ribs, and a shoulder in my left hip.

Food cravings: Salsa and Chips :-)

Gender: This kid is definitely a boy, I just know it--We'll see soon enough I guess :-)

Labor Signs: 2-2.5cm, 85%, +1

Belly Button in or out? Well the top half is out and the bottom half is in...quite sexy I must say

What I miss: Being able to move and do stuff with ease and comfort

What I am looking forward to: Getting this kid out :-)

Weekly Wisdom: Nesting will make you feel better--don't fight it, go with it

Milestones: 37w's, dilating further, and getting to go back to work :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment