Bryson's Birthday Countdown!

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Baby Showers and More Pre-term labor...

Saturday afternoon was such a fun time with some amazing friends...After spending 5 hours in L&D being miserable and uncomfortable, I had the pleasure of celebrating our baby with all of my awesome co-workers at a FABULOUS baby shower! I, of course, could hardly keep my eyes open, but what a fun time we had! Of course the food was incredible and no one would let me get up or lift a finger....what awesome friends! And generous...of my gosh, the generosity! These people I work with are incredible. I love my LHS friends long time :-)

Sunday afternoon was my 3rd shower--full of good food, good family, and some awesome friends! Another wonderful afternoon to help celebrate the upcoming birth of our baby! I just can't get over how many people care about us and how many people love this baby already and he/she isn't even born yet. It is soo overwhelming! I still have a few essential items I need to get for baby Yost before he/she makes his/her appearance, but otherwise we are all set. :-) Of course everything needs to be washed and folded and put away and sorted through...but that's going to take some time! I'm anxious to get it done though b/c this kid seems to be on his/her own time frame!

And more preterm labor....last night I started having more and more painful contractions again so I called my friend Laura who is an L&D nurse and she insisted I take yet another trip up to the hospital. So we did...We didn't get there until around midnight and got home around 3am. It only took 1 dose of terbutiline this time and there were no cervical changes so we got to come home! That's good news for sure! I'm anxious for my appt tomorrow with my doctor...She's so great and I just want to speak to her about all this. The other doctors in the practice have all been wonderful, but I just need Dr. Boes lol!

Well, I've been up already today more than I should be--some of my cool co-workers stopped over to visit and bring baby some gifts :-)--so I'm going to head back to my bed and snuggle up in the covers and watch bad TV! I'm so sleepy today...these late night hours are killing me!

1 comment:

  1. In many underdeveloped countries, Pre-term labor or PTL accompanied by ensuing premature delivery continues to be the significant cause of perinatal deaths. bacterial vaginosis or BV has been highly doubted. It has been concluded that BV is linked with both preterm labor and preterm delivery. For more details on it, refer Bacterial vaginosis

    ReplyDelete