Bryson's Birthday Countdown!

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Dr. Appt and 34w

So I had my Dr. Appt yesterday....and I just started to cry when she came in the room. I was so scared and relieved and just in a whirlwind of emotions. She assured me that if the baby was born RIGHT NOW he or she would be in the special care nursery for a week or two but it wouldn't be anything serious b/c I've already gotten then betamethasone shots for the lung development.
We talked at length about work and what I should do about my schedule and she assured me that I could go back 2 8hr shifts a week on non-consecutive days but no more than that. Luckily when I talked to my boss this morning, she said she'd rather me just take 2 weeks off and come back to work at 36w so we don't have to worry about delivering any babies in the ICU while I'm working! So it looks like bedrest and lots of water for the next two weeks...and then I'm allowed to resume all activities. Originally I was supposed to have my next appt at 36w but she decided yesterday that I need to start coming every week now...just incase. They are keeping a close eye on my cervix b/c the head is already so low. She said when most women come into the hospital in labor the head is barely at this point...kinda scary. So we're praying for an uneventful 2 weeks!

How far along? 34 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: lost 1lb...so a total of 15lbs gained so far

Maternity clothes? yep

Sleep: Stinks--I can't stay asleep for more than 2 hours and then I have to pee...

Best moment this week: Hearing the HB and knowing that so far everything is OK in there

Movement: All the time but very very low!

Food cravings: Still on a Lemonade kick...

Gender: This kid is definitely a boy, I just know it

Labor Signs: Been in preterm labor twice now and had 3 terbutiline shots to stop it. I'm dilated 1cm, 75%, and -1 to 0 station already...BR until 36w booo

Belly Button in or out? Well the top half is out and the bottom half is in...quite sexy I must say

What I miss: Being able to move comfortably

What I am looking forward to: Getting the nursery painted this weekend :-)

Weekly Wisdom: Drink lots of water :-)

Milestones: We got both doses of the lung development shots so if this baby comes sooner than 36w we should be all in the clear!

No comments:

Post a Comment