Bryson's Birthday Countdown!

Saturday, July 4, 2009

Braxton Hicks, oh how I loathe thee...

There is nothing like being woken up at 5:50am by your uterus being ROCK HARD! Ugh...how incredibly uncomfortable that is but at the same time, it's comforting to think that it's training itself to help me deliver this baby in 14w--or sooner (or later).

Sorry for no pictures yet...this computer STINKS and it is being super difficult while I'm trying to upload photos. I promise they are coming...I promise!

Today is July 4th and I'm totally bummed that I have to work AGAIN this year...I'm not a huge fan of fireworks and stuff but we always have SUCH a fun time hanging out waiting for them to start that I'm sad I can't be there to join in. It's kind of sad to think that this is the last year of our "normal" July 4th...October will begin a whole new sense of "normal" for us. Things won't revolve around David and I but will revolve around this little baby that I'm bakin'. It's scary.

I told Dave this morning that I realized that he won't be able to stay the nights at the hospital with me after I deliver because someone will have to be home with the doggies. That made me cry...not because I'll be scared, but because I'm going to be "in charge" of this baby and I'm not going to know what to do with it. Irrational fear I know--but seriously--I'm scared. I don't feel qualified to take care of a baby and make decisions for it. Hell, I can hardly make decisions between fabric softeners at the grocery store every month...One wrong decision and I could scar this kid for life. Okay, maybe I'm being a little dramatic...but honestly, I'm freaked!

I can't believe my due date is only 14 weeks away...I feel like I have SO much to get done and no time or energy to do it all! I need to make a list...I know how to work off of a list. It always makes me feel good to see it dwindle down to nothing. I know that a baby won't care if the cupboard above my fridge is cleaned out, but for some reason, it's really important to me to make sure it's done!

On a positive note, we finished our registry yesterday! That is one task I can cross off my list! I am SO excited to have it completed! We also picked the paint colors/scheme for the nursery. That was an easy decision to agree on actually...I just have to take the paint chips to BRU to color match...but we know the top half of the wall will be beige and the bottom half green with white molding/chair rail. The next big "to-do" for the baby's room is to get the computer moved out of it and get it all cleared out...fortunately there is a lot of "heavy" stuff in there, so most of this will require the help of my trusty companion :-)

Well I'm off to sit in the sun and finish reading my book while Dave cuts the grass. Happy 4th of July--and thank you to all of the men and women who are serving and who have served in our armed forces! "Let Freedom Ring"

3 comments:

  1. It's understandable to be scared. You guys will do great and you have plenty of friends and family around to help out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fear not...Mother Nature will kick in and you have plenty of friends with litle ones to help out where "she" can't. Stop freakin', allwill be fine.

    ReplyDelete