Bryson's Birthday Countdown!

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Interesting weekend...

So Saturday morning I woke up at 4am having a Braxton Hicks...it didn't hurt, just annoyed me enough to wake up. I was awake until about 6am having them pretty frequently but still no pain. By 4pm they were every 3-7 minutes and slightly uncomfortable. I called a friend who is an L&D nurse and she told me to call the OB on call...so I did. Turns out it's completely normal to have BH that frequently and as long as there is no spotting or no actual pain there is nothing to be concerned about.
I felt like such an ass calling the on call doc...I know that BH are normal, especially when you have a lot of rapid growth--which I've had--but I had to work Saturday night 7p-7a and I was afraid I might go in to pee and find a foot hanging out or something :-) I know, great visual right? I probably wouldn't have even called if it wasn't for having to work! They stopped around 4am that morning and I've only had a couple a day since. I'm trying REALLY hard to drink TONS and TONS of water to help keep them away. We'll see...
Thursday is a big day here...I'll be 28w and I have my Glucose Tolerance Testing...say a prayer I'm neg for GD, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment