Bryson's Birthday Countdown!

Friday, July 24, 2009

Glucose testing

Let me start by saying--EW GROSS! I had my glucose tolerance test yesterday...for anyone who doesn't know what that is, they give you a bottle of 50% dextrose solution to drink in 5 minutes (mine was orange flavored) and an hour later they draw bloodwork to see how your body reacts to the sugar buzz. If it comes back abnormal, then you have to schedule a 3-hour test...I'm guessing since it's 1:00pm and I haven't heard anything that I passed with no problems!
Yesterday's appt was interesting because the baby's HR was the highest it's ever been 155...could have been from the crazy sugar stuff I had to drink though. I'll be anxious to see what it is next month just for comparison. I'm still measuring big--and actually the baby's head is very low and "in position" according to my OB. Of course that doesn't mean it can't flip around and such, but she said he/she is very very low. That must be what all the lower pelvic pressure I'm feeling is. Talk about uncomfortable--and it's only going to get worse! She also told me yesterday that she'd be surprised if I made it to my due date...she's betting the first week of October will be D-day! So we'll see...we'll just have to make sure baby central is all set up and ready to go nice and early--just in case! Otherwise all is well. Nothing new or big to report. I'm hoping to get another ultrasound tonight at work...one of the girls told me to come see her around 28w so she could play with the 3D/4D...so hopefully we're not busy tonight and I can go see her! I can't wait to post those pictures!
Oh, and I only have one more monthly appt left (in August) and then I start every two weeks through September...EEEK! This really is coming quickly!

How far along? 28 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: Up about 12 lbs total.

Maternity clothes? yep

Sleep: I'm exhausted & wish I could sleep 12 hours per day, plus a nap.

Best moment this week: Passing the glucose test!!

Movement: All the time--and I love the feet in my ribs lol j/k

Food cravings: Anything with garlic

Gender: I've said boy all along--and this week I started thinking girl....who knows at this point

Labor Signs: Other than BH, nothing, thank goodness

Belly Button in or out? In, but super tiny

What I miss: Being able to sleep on my belly

What I am looking forward to: My baby shower in two weeks :-)

Weekly Wisdom: The best advice I got this week from someone was, "After the baby is born, make a point of showering and getting dressed EVERYDAY because you WILL feel much better about yourself!" And remember, "babies are allowed to cry."

Milestones: Passing the glucose test--and we should be about 2.5lbs by now :-) Super exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment